Had a fight with Chris. Something caused the wooden portion of one of his guns to blister. It looks like moisture damage. He is blaming me for it. He says that either one of my cats peed on it, or I put it away wet and didn't say anything.
When he first showed me the damage, he wanted some sort of reaction that I didn't give him. I didn't immediately say it was my fault, express the desire to harm my cats (who may or may not be responsible for it) or offer to fix it.
I was sorry that had happened to it. I did and do think that things like that are beyond frustrating. But I wasn't the one who put it away, he was. I wasn't the last person to handle it, he was. Could it be cat? Maybe, but I think even a cat would have had a hard time getting to the very bottom at the very back of a closet, and then squeezing behind a heavy storm window.
Anyway, royal assholery ensued. He's great at throwing around the silent treatment and snapping viciously at me, my son and the animals. I have to hound him to get him to even let me know what his problem is. Which is when he demanded that I not only pay for all the damage to the gun, but give him gas money to take it to Wichita to be serviced.
I agreed to paying for the damage, but that, of course, didn't stop the nasty attitude. Insults followed. I'm lazy. I'm filthy. I don't bother to train my animals or properly care for them or the kids. Lazy and stupid were thrown around a lot.
This is the first time since we've shacked up that I seriously considered how I'd get rid of him. We've argued before. But this aspect of him is a new one. Its one thing to be upset that something is damaged. Its another thing to use that to then insult my character, dredge up shit that happened months ago, lay blame. He says I don't spend enough money on him. That he spends lost of money on me and I stiffed him at christmas.
Of course, he has expensive tastes. Can't get him sunglasses, he wants the $300 dollar kind and interchangable lenses. Can't get him pants. He preferrs to wear 32s even though he can't fasten them. If bought 34s and had to return them, even though with a belt they were fine.
Can't just get him a weather radio, must get the 200 dollar one with solar panels and a reciever that picks up frequencies used by aircraft.
I got him pants. And a weather radio with an outdoor sensor that would predict the weather. And an electric blanket.
Its Februrary now, I don't know why its being brought up. I make 2700 dollars a month, I combined car insurances and phone accounts with him. Somehow I am always short by the end of the month, but I still give him money for the phones. He hasn't ever given me money for the car insurance.
He wants me to have a baby with him. I've kinda been on board with the idea. I like babies. But he blows off school and his court ordered classes at the drop of a hat. He used his emotions to manipulate me. And now he's insisting I hand him money over an accident. He also wants us to move to Parsons. But doesn't want me commuting, so I need to find a new job. These are all things I've been assigned. As far as I can tell, his only assignment is learning to live with my messiness, which isn't there anymore because in order to get any relaxing time with him, the house must be spotless. Its easier to just clean it and hope he can declare it done than to do my own thing and hope he gets tired of picking up what's already been picked up and wiping what doesn't need wiped.
Anyway. we made up last night. I still feel chilly towards him today. I am going to try to give him some space and avoid any more conflict while my feelings are so up in the air. If this relationship doesn't work out, I really am done trying. I get along with myself just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment