The drive home was long, but we made good time. I made it a challenge with the boys to see how far we could go without having to stop. Instead of several 30 minute stops, we stopped twice. By combining gas, potty and food stops, we saved a lot of time. No one had any accidents and we made it home before dark.
I'm thinking of moving there. The heatwave is everywhere, but if you live near the smokey mountains, you can drive up one and get some relief. Also, there are free recreation options there that make the ones you pay for in Kansas look like a joke. I could hike a different trail every weekend and never run out of things to see or do. The winters are mild and generally the summers are cooler and shorter than they are here (where summer lasts from the end of April to the middle of October followed by bitter cold winters with ice storms that leave everything crippled).
I started the process to get a Tennessee teaching license. I won't move without a job. We will have to see what happens.
I heard from both my brothers this week, and both told me sob stories about how broke they are and about how they need money from me. Makes me feel all sorts of warm and fuzzy inside.
Its hot. I'm running on empty money-wise, but I am so glad to have the kids back with me. Sending them in the summer is a way to give them the experience of grandparents, but I miss them terribly when they are gone and hug them to pieces when they get back.
No comments:
Post a Comment