Are it before they closed .
Then it was back home. In four hours the boys had managed to trash the living room, scatter laundry all over the place, and spill cereal in the kitchen. To say that I was irritated is a bit of an understatement.
Decided to gather to kids up and head to Parsons. I visited my cousin, Opal and planned Thanksgiving with her. She also gave me some gluten-free flour to do the baking with. Her kids have celiac and we are planning to make a feast that is completely safe for them. To be honest, I don't understand why its taken so long to do this for them. It isn't that hard to make gluten free meals. We are making roast prime rib for the meat, with mashed taters, salad, sweet taters and pies (the crusts being made with the gluten-free flour).
I also wanted to see my brothers. I wanted to catch up a little and make sure they would come to Thanksgiving, but Tom was getting another tattoo and Mike was in jail for the weekend. (I don't know why exactly he was in there for the weekend, but it was something arranged with the court. He's unemployed and living with my aunt, I don't understand why he can't just serve all his time and be done with it, to be honest the idea of letting people serve over the weekend really pisses me off, defeats the whole purpose of jail).
Got home, went shopping for feasting supplies (more expensive than I thought it would be for sure) and made a test crust with the gluten-free flour. It turned out nice, flakey and buttery. Once again, I can't understand why this family hasn't made making sure the girls can participate in special occasions a priority. It kinda pisses me off. They aren't even my kids and its important to me. Mary is 11 and is excited she finally gets to try pumpkin pie.
Anyway.
I have done as much christmas shopping as I can on this pay check. The rest is going to have to wait until next month.
I got Isaiah some nice clothes, a book, and a video game. He's obcessed with transformers, but its from a collectables angle, not an "I want to play with these angle" and I am not paying those prices for used toys. Last week it was Dragon ball Z, the week before it was clothing.
I also ordered clothes for the little boys. Isaiah got land's end stuff on clearance. The little dudes got walmart clothes. I figure Isaiah won't destroy his clothing and can hand down the good stuff. Noah and Gideon destroy or stain everything.
On the one hand, I want to be that mom that gives over the top gifts for all occasions. On the other hand, I know that isn't the kind of values I want to teach the boys. This year I am also hosting a cookie party for my sons, my cousin's kids, my niece and some kids my guys know. I'm baking and freezing a couple of batches of cookies a week. At the party each kiddo will have a dozen cookies to decorate and take home. I'm baking several gluten free varieties. I'm also going to send some and gift some cookies.
Anyway, that's whats going on here. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment