I suppose I could have done something differently. I have repeatedly, calmly and unapologetically, told Isaiah and his father that I will not consent to Isaiah moving to Maine with his father this spring. Shane has been in and out of Isaiah's life repeatedly, he has a history of unstable romantic relationships, and unstable employment. Also, its over a thousand miles away from me and his brothers. I'm not okay with it.
But I guess that ASS HAT doesn't share my view and has been selling Maine everytime he sees Isaiah. I guess its a lot of pressure.
Isaiah has been surely here with me and his brothers. Not outright violent, but he gets this nasty tone in his voice that makes the little boys cringe. He's also got this great passive-aggressive way of not actually doing what he's been told to do. He does at it. He gets distracted, he takes his brothers upstairs to play, the dryer malfunctions and somehow . .. the chore is undone hours after it was assigned.
Today, I guess things boiled over for him at school. He was in three separate fights at school. He claims these kids were or have been picking on him and they get away with it. I know that at least two of these kids are kids he's been pals with. The other kid is a kid who he has never mentioned, and he tends to mention the ones he is friends with and the ones that bug him.
I spoke with his assistance principal and he will be in CSR (In School Suspension) for the next two days. He Is grounded for a week at home and on heavy chores. Except I will let him go to youth group tomorrow. Maybe a little talking to God will help him calm down.
I don't know if I can or have done anything to make this better. I can't make it March already so that his dad will move or not and I can't make his dad quit pressing him to move with him. I won't change my mind about him going either. I love my son. He is a joy and has been since he was born. I know being 13 is hard. I know being my kid is even harder. But I don't know what I could do differently.
1 comment:
it's sad that his dad is putting him in the middle like that - fact is this is a discussion he has with you or takes you to court period - unfortunately it's much easier to manipulate a kid than act like an adult.
Post a Comment