Monday, October 31, 2011

My little Zombies


When I was a kid we always made out halloween costumes. They were thrown together, hard to determine what it actually is, falling apart messes. They were great! Today, most costumes are elaborate, shiney, and designed to be costumes. They look great. But they aren't as halloweeny.

Halloween is supposed to be about looking at something you see every day and seeing something different. Its about letting yourself be open to unusual possibilities that you normally wouldn't.

I have a point, and its that I don't buy store manufactured costumes for my kids.Isaiah put together a mafia outfit with his black trench coat, slacks, nice shirt and clip on tie and I made the boys' faces like zombies and put them in old hoodies and jeans.

And they hauled in more loot than they ever have. My oldest went out with some friends and we made a don't ask, don't tell agreement. I don't ask him where he was on Halloween night and he doesn't tell me anything that will get him grounded.

No comments: