Sunday, October 9, 2011

Empty

This past weekend was a fun one. It was homecoming week so school got out a bit early Friday evening to accomodate a homecoming parade. The pre- and grade schools let out and walked the kids up to the square to watch it, so I picked up my dudes there as well. Isaiah marched in the parade, looked very handsome and serious with his baratone. He was too cool to wave at mommy though.

Got home, cleaned up a little, ate some dinner and waited. Jason brought his son and we all went to the homecoming game together. Isaiah roamed around with some friends and the little boys played catch with toy footballs that were given away at the game. I got hit in the face with a teeshirt launcher. After that I ducked any time projectiles came out.

Its fun to watch our sons play together. Jason's son is right between Noah and Gideon in age. They look like a matched set when they are all together. The game ended late and it was after ten when we all got back to my house, almost eleven thirty when the boys went to bed. Jason and I had a great night.

Saturday the kids got up way to early, but they played and ate cereal and played some more. Jason hung out and watched me do laundry and clean up. He fixed my vacuum and helped me do the kitchen and livingroom. I felt bad for him coming over and cleaning, but he volunteered so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.

Saturday evening we all drove out to some land I know and fished and shot a few fireworks. Not a lot of fireworks, because it is so dry. It was so nice. If I had the money, I'd buy the land and live out there. I'm also toying with the idea of buying an old RV and just rambling around all summer.

One the way home there were the dreaded flashing lights in the rearview mirror. I have a tail light out. I got off with a verbal warning, but while I was looking for my ID and insurance cards I noticed that an uncashed childsupport check was missing.

Got home, cleaned out the car, sorted through every scarp of paper in it, in the purse, in the house, all of it. It was nowhere to be found. But the stub was. So I can call and report it lost and get it replaced.

During this whole thing, I'm freaking out, trying to not snap at anyone, and looking around like mad. And Jason is just being calm and helping me look and asking me if he can help. We didn't find it, but it was so nice to have him there, being helpful and supportive.

I guess that's what its like to have a partner. It was nice. Its nice to sleep beside him and its nice to get up and fix breakfast for everyone. Its nice to have him fix my vacuum and then move the recliner so I can vacuum under it.

But its also kinda nice for him to go home and let me have my space too. I'm not trying to read more or less into our relationship than there is, I'm no good at being in a relationship that isn't unhealthy and warped. I don't know what normal is for two adults with jobs, lives, and kids who live 70 miles apart.

But what ever this is, I like it.

No comments: