Sunday, October 23, 2011

Top Secret

Okay, I'm a bad blogger, its been over a week.

Here's the skinny: Last week was the end of the academic quarter, a time marked with extra work, extra meetings, parent teacher conferences, and scrambling to get progress reports out.

I hate the way my administration does parent teacher conferences. Instead of the parents coming to the teacher's classrooms, they teachers all gather in the commons or the library. Which means seven hours waiting in an big, echoy room for parents to come. Over two days, one four hours and the other eight hours, I spoke with six sets of parents.

six.

In the mean time, I was away from my room and any material work I could be doing. All of what I do for the IEPs is web based. And because I don't merit a school laptop, I don't get to have access to the school wifi.

And yet there were probably 8 people who did have school computers on hand, and who were playing on them. "Oh cute shoes"

Really.

I can't use a computer of mine to work on, but they can use a school computer, out in public where any parent could see, to play.

Its inhumane to have a person sit in one spot for that long anyway.

Oh, and when I left to go to ISaiah's conferences, I got there five after four and all of the middle school teachers were gone. I had to stay in the building from eight to eight, but they were gone at four. That honestly pisses me off.

Anyway, had Friday off, used it to be lazy after the rediculously long Thursday.

Saturday I puttered around and then in the evening, Jason and his son came over. The kids played and Jason and I rented a movie and stayed up too late. I wish I could spend more time with them.

Sunday it was get up, get ready, and go see my aunt, who had put together and family to-do for my gramma's sister and husband of the sister, plus the sister's daughter (my cousin) and the daugher's son.

I guess after two generations of single children, you look pretty far and wide for relatives for the kiddo to play with. He was a complete ass to Gideon, who spent most of the visit looking for frogs and being alone because the bigger boys were teasing him. The cousin, my cousin, is ten years older than me and as bland as I remember her from the one time I saw her as a little girl. The great aunt was a bit snooty towards me.

All I can say is that if you are in your 60s and are going to take every little thing you read on facebook personally, then you shouldn't have facebook.

My cousin brought over her six month old twins and I got to see opal and visit with my aunts, uncle Eddy, and Grampa a bit. It was nice. Itwas crowded, exhausting, and loud, but it was also nice. WE hauled home a bunch of left overs. Ramen slaw, roasted sweet potatoes, corn relish, baked ham and mixed fruit. HELLO dinner.

I'm 30 years old, I have a well paid job, and I still love getting free food.

Jason and I were talking last week and we are trying to start an internet business. So far we've spent money on web hosting and site building. I made a facebook page, jason knows an accountant who will file papers for us and let us pay him when we start generating an income.

Its either going to flop and go nowhere, or we are going to make a boatload of cash. I'm not sure what I would do if that happened. I'm a clock puncher.

The business is silly, it sounds sleazey, but its legal and it works. We are going to offer credit repair services. The clients will purchase a one year membership in our newsletter, and we will provide positive payment feedback to the credit bureaus. We can also produce a credit report with numerical score. I'll put together a monthly newsletter with tips like how to dispute errors on the report and what to say to bill collectors.

There are a few other companies on line that offer similar services for twice what we are planning on charging.

I promise, its legal and we aren't out much cash if it fails. I'll let everyone know when the site is ready to launch. Like I said, I know its silly . . . but so was Walmart with it started. And lets face it, this world is run by banks and credit, and if yours is bad, your life is harder.

I've been working on making mine better, its hard. I'm sure a monthly letter encouraging me to not apply for new credit, to pay off my bills on time, and telling me how to deal with collectors would have been nice. And thirty bucks a month, that's less than people spend on cable.

Anyway, that's what's going on. Hope all is well.

No comments: