Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Funny

I'm thirty years old, and pretty much okay with that fact. I have been a mother since I was 17. I have been responsible for getting myself up, ready to go, and getting my brothers ready as well, since I was 11. I have driven and moved across the country multiple times. I have attained multiple college degrees and manages to raise three children up to the ages of 13, 6, and 3.

And yet when I call my dad to ask him how to deal with my son giving me crap about having a boyfriend over, my dad's first action is to look the man up on facebook and then ask me who he is, what he does and how long we've been an item.

I think its funny. He moves across the country away from me, but he doesn't quite trust who I date.

So anyway, Jason and I are on for now. If I worry about "where things are going" and what "the future of us" is, I don't enjoy the now. Truth is I care about the man and that I'm calmer and happier when he's in my life. The other truth is that we both have busy lives and families and life is too long.

Life is too long to jump into a situation as complicated as living together, life is also too long to just not be with someone who makes you calm and happy and who seems to bring out the best in you while you bring out the best in him. So why worry about it? Why go back and forth about what this or that means when the truth is that I am impatient and as guilty as he is about sending mixed signals about what I wanted, like just not staying in contact or making time to be available to him (those things go both ways).

He spent last weekend with me. He's spent weekends with me that did not center around sex or partying. He keeps me up to date on what's going on with him life and he's spent time with my kids and his kid all together.

He's probably coming over next weekend, and I'm looking forward to it. There's a battle of the bands this Saturday that should be a lot of fun. Other than that, we gonna hang out, get silly, go yard saling and maybe clean my carpets upstairs.

I never claimed to be exciting all the time.

No comments: