Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It goes so fast

Himself has been here with us since mid-july. Its been a bumpy ride. Not bad, but certainly different. A learning experience for all.

There's the big huge stuff, like how to arrange life so there's room for two adults with thier own hangups and needs and values and ideas of what peace and quiet feels like, or a clean house looks like, or how to sleep in the same bed and have insomnia and not keep the other one up all night, or how to stand your ground and be like, no, I'm too tired to be up, I"m going to bed.

There's the even bigger things like how he deals with my kids and expecially Gideon who for the longest time he didn't want to believe had learning delays. Parent night at school and some educaiton he got for his new job with disabled adults seems to have convinced him that I really did know wha tI was talking about.

There's still a lot that we are going to have to keep working on. I'm a slob. He's too free with money. He values the appearance and trappings of wealthy too much. I knwo where it comes from, he has some relatives with huge net worth, but its not realistic for a 30 year old whos idea of steady employment is being offered seasonal positions two years in a row. He's done a lot of partying which scares me a little. I've been doing a whole lot of workig in the same years.

He thinks he's smarter than I am, but he forgets times and dates that I know he's told me about, ends up in trouble over it later. HE's already dropped a college class. I know why, the teacher was a dick, but its still his ffault. Classes had opened Monday, he didn't check that online class until the following Sunday.

Under all the negotiation and the back and fortha nd butterflies is something way cool though. Love. A completeness of heart and home. A feeling of finally not being in this all alone anymore. I never had that so I never missed it, but now that its here, I'm so glad.

No comments: