Left monday, spent that night in a motel in memphis, and came the rest of the way tuesday. If I were alone, I probably could have driven it all in one shot, but its a long drive and a long day. The traffic was a bit busier than I had thought it would be, guess we weren't the only ones driving home.
Was really nice to see dad, the area there in eastern Tn is beautiful, the weather was warm and clear most of the time. It was also enough of a visit to remind me why I don't need to move to be closer to dad. Namely that he is completely Twyla's creature now. He doesn't mean to be, probably doesn't realize it. And She makes him happy, so why should i complain?
But I don't know what it is, she resents us, she's socially inept, I'm socially inept, or she's just incredibly self centered and manipulative, but there's something. Her kids are terrified to cross her. Dad won't do a thing with out her permission. Which can be hurtful when he is talking about taking me, his child, to a movie, and then Emily wanders in and announces that she needs the car that day to go up to the mountains, and that later that same day she needs a ride to the airport.
Now, she's an adult. She's a member of the Navy. She has more income than I do. Why can't she either buy a cheap ass car, or rent one when she's in town. Why does the whole damn world have to revolve around her.
I'm getting my self wound up. The truth is that all the kids in that family are messed up. Emily is probably the most selfcentered person I've ever dealt with. She isn't overtly mean or rude, but she feels like she's entitled to everyone working around her wants and needs. She's pretty and flirts with guys to get them to do her favors, like give her rides places, but then she doesn't atually date them, which of course leads to hurt feelings. Molly is probably suffering major depression or something. She is very intelligent, a 19 year old high school grad, who doesn't work, doesn't go hang out with friends, and sits in her room playing wii or on facebook all day, or all night and sleeps all day. She terrorizes her younger sister, the only one who is actually a child, and is working up to being a life long leech on my dad. Curtis is 26. He sleeps all day, literally. All Day. He maybe is awake 6 hours a day. I am sure he has some sort of mental illness. But he and Twyla wont even go so far as getting him evaluated or on disability so that at least he's contributing. The youngest, Grace, is the only one still and actual kid. She's 13 and in eighth grade. She's a nice kid now, but I'm guessing her mother and her siblings will ruin her by the time she's grown. Her mom encourages her to act immature and babyish. ITs hard to grow up with someone encouraging you to be a baby.
Long story short. I like that part of TN. I love my dad, and I can tolerate his new family, especially since I know that they really aren't my problem. I need a job that pays what I am worth. I will apply to school districts within an hour of dad. Not because I feel a driving need to be near him, but because I like the area and he's a "bonus". I am also applying to school districts within an hour of pittsburg. I hate moving, so I suspect that the closest place with an offer is where I will land.
No comments:
Post a Comment