I don't know if it go through. But I tried. I probably was too upset that evening and burned a bridge with my contact lady, but I honestly feel like I was not unreasonable to be upset and to insist on an explaination as to why the situation was allowed to even happen. Not that explanations have ever made anything better.
The rest of the week wasn't any better. I locked my keys in my car and had to beg a ride from my instructor to get the spare. I Forgot my work keys the next day and had to bed a spare from the office, so embarassing.
I got fed up with my long hair and had it chopped off as short as I could get it without the tattoo showing. I like the look of the haircut, but some people I know have said things like "its such a shame you cut it off", not everyone, in fact not even most, but some. Why is it that a woman's worth and attractiveness is tied to her hair?
Oh, and Friday I got arrested. Yeah, you read that right. I'm driving with the kids in the car, we just got done with haircuts and grocery shopping and are heading home, when those red a blues lights flashed behind me. Turns out I was speeding. Although I say I was keeping up with the flow of traffic.
The run my ID and inform me I have a warrant, I'm like WHAT!? Aparently its from six years ago for a $115 check that bounced on a checking account I closed due to a lot of fraudulent activity that was taking place on it. I had my kids with me. I had to call around in a panic until finally my babysitter came with her husband to take my car and kids so the car didn't get impounded and the kids into foster care. I get handcuffed, put in the back of a car and driven to Girard.
I was lucky though. It was written in such a way that I could bond out. The bondman lived there in town and was waiting for me when I got there. They basically fingerprinted me and waited for my ride to show up. It cost me $100 to get out. I have a court date in January.
I don't know what this is going to cost me, I don't know what this is going to look like on my record or what this will do to my career. What sucks is that I knew I was an idiot with money when mom first died and I was on my own for the first time. But I've been trying to get those things taken care of, and then this shows up. And since when did we arrest people for less than two hundred dollars worth of debt.
So that was Friday. Saturday I stayed home and pouted. Sunday I had a family get together at my aunt peggy's house. I go to these things, chat with my relatives for a while, break up squabbles between my sons and other kids there, and then its time to go home. I'm not in on their little secret lives. It feels like my inclusion is an afterthought and like no one knows much about what to say to me once I am there.
Almost all of my cousins are married now. Opal-married, Nick-unmarried drug addict, Kaylee-unmarried, lives with her parents, Amber-married, Autemn-married two kids, Aaron-still in high school, Emma-engaged to be married the day after christmas, Clark-still in high school, Jake-married, Jesse-married but divorced.
And then there's me. Single mom who everyone say to, "you don't need a man" I know I don't need a man, but I don't need one aunt acting like I can't even thing about it, and another acting like she's surprized I'm not a zoned out dope fiend.
Anyway, it was an exhausting weekend, I have tomorrow off, although I will spend most of it shuffling kids around to appointments. I'm going to sleep in a bit, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment