I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Saturday, May 12, 2012
Supremely dissappointed
I have tried to encourage a healthy relationship between my sons and their dad. It hasn't been easy for me. The ex is abrasive and a liar. He also tends to make everything about himself and is prone to dropping out of the world with no explanation or warning.
Two weeks ago I spoke with him about his seeing the boys this weekend. I didn't realize that this was mother's day weekend at the time. After that conversation, there was no contact. I figured out by Friday evening that he had no intention of seeing his kids this weekend. I made plans to keep the kids happy, I'd already told them he wanted to see them.
This morning I sent a carefully worded email. I let him know that his relationship with his kids was in serious danger of deteriorating passed the point of salvage and that I felt this would not be good for them or him.
He called me within the hour. He was angry and full of excuses. And alarmingly unconcerned about rescuing his relationship with his sons.
Apparently I am abusing and harassing him and if I do not stop, he will have a restraining order filed. I've spoken to the man twice in a month.
I'm going to post my email and his on this website and on craig's list. And maybe a few other places. If he wants to accuse me of harassment, I think I'll earn the accusation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment