Not even sure what else to say.
I have some road trips to plan. I need to try to coordinate with dad about weather or not the kids will be staying with him. I need to coordinate with my guy in Colorado about when or if would be the best time to come up. They live in high altitude land, so it sounds like if I were to visit for a week, I'd spend the first three days feel like yuckasaurus.
I do like were things may be going. I hope its because I like the person involved enough to make it work, and not because I'm a lonely person.
And it totally doesn't help that he's a reader. Damn, self editing! Oh well. Call me.
Life in Iola is pretty good. I finally finished my professional development points for the coop. On the very last day they'd be accepted. Can you say "procrastination"? I can spell it.
Anyway, we've already been to the pool twice and as usual, I burned and will peel and am currently in the itchy/painful stage. I put on sunscreen and I sun screened the kids. They didn't burn to the extend I did so I either was more thorough on them than I was on myself or I am just more vulnerable to the burn. A student who's also in foster care has stopped by to visit a couple of times. She borrowed some books too. I like the kids but I wish that she'd call first so I could just invite her to dinner or something instead of her showing up and expecting to be entertained.
My Colorado friend left today for home. I didn't want to let him go and I wish I had spent more time with him while he was here. He's a good person, spend like a week or maybe longer in Kansas and every single day he was doing something for or with someone he hadn't seen in forever. I would have hidden out on a beach with some music, some books, and probably some booze.
My brothers were both in jail over memorial day, I guess it was a family get together of sorts. Tom was released the other day, but Mike was sent on to a different jail in a different county. Tom posted this all on facebook so we'd all know. classy of him.
I don't know what to do. I know what I want. But I also know that there are other people involved and I can't just snap my fingers and expect others to fall in line. I want him, with me. I want to stay in Iola where I have some senority established and the community is small and friendly and Isaiah has friends and I have friends. He's spent enough time living and working in where he has that he really isn't motivated to settle in Kansas. And I can't blame him a bit. But I think if I try to uproot Isaiah again, the kid is going to rebel and I'll lose him forever. And I'm afraid of moving again and what it would do to my career. At some point the schools get tired of seeing people come in, stay for a little while and leaving. They want people to be willing to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment