Thursday, December 27, 2012

Blogging From the Kindle Fire HD

I don't know where  found one, but he found a blue tooth keyboard the syncs with it. The keyboard is nice, makes the whole experience very similar to using a laptop. I can set the kindle on the table and use the keyboard in my lap . It is pretty nifty.
Christmas was great. I was spoiled, Christtopher absolutely spoiled me, much more thanI did him.

I am enjoying the break from school. Its nice to be ale to relax. Gideon is asking whenit will be a school day again, so maybe he misses the structure. It is nice that he liks school, last year he was counnting the days until summer break. He's been on the meds for ADHD for severl weeks, and I think it has made a hug difference in his attitude and enjoyment of school. His reading skills are also improving rapidly. I guess that means he genuinely had and issue with attention.

On theone hand, I'm a little mad at myself that I waited so long, but on theother hand I think that all cases of medicating children should be so conservative. We would have fewer kids on pointless medication. Even as his school behavior has gotten better, his weekend and off meds behavior is still abnormal. He has trouble communicating. Its not that his words are not understandable, its that he has trouble organizing his messages, then he gets upset when he isn't understood. We are working on helping him to slow down, calm down, and try to say it again.

Even as Gideon calms down and mellows out, Noah has turned into mr hyperactive. I don't know if it is that Gideon is mellower by comparason so Noah seems hyper or if this is really new. He is making progress at school and doing well with friends, so I plan to wait and watch and hope that its normal.

that's about all I have for now.

No comments: