Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy happy

Well, its been busy around here. Had five days off, and spent them cleaning my house, catching up with laundry, shopping, cooking and playing with my boys. I DID NOT grade papers, do homework, surf the internet, or blog. So sorry to my readers.

Lets see, spent more on thanksgiving dinner than I wanted to, but I love to cook and don't get much opportunity with my busy life, so I figure it was worth it. Plus I get to eat left over ham, pie, potatoes and noodles all week. So YAY me.

The meal I put on was attended by me, my sons, my brother, his girlfriend, his room mate, and the room mate's girl friend. I know seems like a lot of Tom's circle. But they came on time, they liked the food, they visited nicely and then they left. Also nicely. On of these days I'm going to get all of my peeps under the same roof, just not while mike's in jail.

Oh, Mike, he's still in jail. He wants us to bail him out of Crawford county so he can be released into Wilson county and get started on the six months he owes them. I REALLY don't want to pay off his hot checks. But I can see how its frustrating to sit in jail for less than $200. But I know he jumped bond last time he was in lock up and I have no doubt that I will never see that money again. So I don't think its going to happen. But I feel like a complete louse no the less.

The ass hat showed up for a second visit in three weeks and will have the kids all day today. We'll see how long he keeps this up.

I still have homework I am behind on. Papers and notebooks I haven't graded. Lessons to plan. IT goes on and on.

I have made some descisions for myself of late. One it that I am taking up Yoga. Its something that has always appealed to me for its slow movements, its emphasis on flexability and the fact that all you need is your own body, you can do it in the livingroom.

I have a book that outlines all the poses. I am working through them and trying to master them all, not anywhere close yet. I also have a DVD that gives morning and evening routines. I LOVE the evening one, It streatches me and relaxes me and make me feel so at peace. The morning routine is more challenging, but still approachable. And with the book, I can go to those poses and really master them so that in the flow of the routine I know what to do with my body already. Also, I know that I have good lower body flexibility but terrible balance, so I can work on balance poses. I carry tension across my shoulders and back, so I can find poses that will loosen and relax that part of my body.

The philosophy behind it appeals too. The idea that you must tame and master your physical body in order to reach past that to the spirit. The idea that internal awareness and meditation are good for you is refreshing. The meditation forces me to slow down my thoughts, my breathing, my mental whirlwind, and just BE for a few minutes.

I've done the evening routine every day, and the more challenging morning routine an alternating days, I can already feel changes in my body, in my posture, and in my joints.

I think If I keep up with this, and push through the more challenging bits, I can make myself stronger, more peaceful, and a bit more svelt, although at this point that's secondary to the mental benefits.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments: