One of the things we don't agree on is other people. I am not a social butterfly. I do not tend to enjoy playing hostess to others I don't know well. Tom loves it. To him, the more the merrier. To him there is no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen.
He is really into this woman he's seeing, and she seems like a very nice person. She has a couple of little kids. Her oldest goes to school with Gideon, that's how they met. Anyway, he likes spending time with her. He also promised he'd help me make christmas goodies. His solution, undertaking without really telling me about it, was to have her come here, with her kids.
Sounds like fun. Another grown up. Kids for my kids to play with. But play dates are best when they last two hours at most, unless its a set of kids who know each other very very well. They've been here since a little after noon. Its six thirty now.
I was covered in sticky flour and cookie rolling mess when she got here. I showered real quick, but I don't feel well due to a nasty spirder bite looking thing that's probably going to abcess on my leg. The kids played, then watched a movie, then ran around, then fought, now they are just whining at each other. I am done with people.
I know he likes her, but I don't want to walk into my kitchen and find him giving her a monkey bite (first of all I detest that male impulse to walk up to a woman and mark her -its disgusting and rude) or a hug or with his hands on her and hers on him. It was supposed to be a stress free Sunday spent making cookies and candy. He turned into a running date.
I think its very rude. And he planned dinner, without consulting me - velveeta nachos and nothing else.
I am currently hiding in my room. I am at my limit as far as rudeness and imposition goes. I don't feel well, my leg hurts and my kids are worn out from playing, but can't go into baths because there are strange people here (and my boys would parade naked no prob, but she has a little girl and is much more sheltering than I am).
So, I am going to keep hiding and hope they leave soon and hope I can control this impulse I am feeling to tear Tom a new one for this.
Its not that I mind, her, or the kids, or the idea of a visit. But a six hour visit with canoodling while I don't feel well and had planned things to do? Nope, not a good idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment