Friday, December 10, 2010

I may be an asshole

I had a date set for tonight. Since Jason, I hadn't felt like it, but I guess that's normal when you spent a few months seeing someone. Anyway, I met this guy online and we hit it off and set a date.

And then his truck broke down and he lives out of town. I probably could have offered to come get him. But to be honest, I want to be treated. I want to be the girl. I want the guy to be the guy. I'd rather not go on a date than start off being the one who puts in the work.

And some shallow part of me wants to hold off and make sure that the next man I date is one with enough financial footing to at least get himself to and from the date.

The take home message: I could have had a date if I wasn't such and asshole that I am not willing to drive out and get him.

I am also an asshole because someone commented on my blog and I accidentially hit delete instead of approve and now its gone forever.

No response from the ex. Its been a week. Either he doesn't look at email or facebook, or he's decided to be the guy that father's a child, moves on, lives off the grid for a while, and then marries and pretends he never had a child. I'm not sure I want to deal with him if that's how he wants to be.

The house is still pending. I was supposed to meet the landlord the other day and she didn't show, supposed to try again tomorrow. I'm hopeful but not getting the hopes up.


No comments: