Saturday, December 4, 2010

Lots going on, but what does it mean?

So, there's been lots going on. I don't know what any or all of it means. But it feels a little like things are about to change.

I went to a great concert last weekend with Tom, his girlfriend, and a few friends of theirs. I enjoyed the concert, Hinder headlined, with Default and My darkest Days opening. They all rocked, but MDD was my favorite.

I was a little disappointed though, the whole trip was my idea and I got a few of my cousins and my friend Mary to agree to come, they all said it sounded like fun, but then none of them actually followed up on the plans and came. Is that a reflection on me? On them? On the people I choose to surround myself with?

I had a blast anyway, and have been happily gloating to anyone who will listen about the great time they missed out on.

This $800 a month rent has been kicking my ass, money is so tight my wallet squeaks. Also, with Tom here, its a little cramped. So I've been watching for something less expensive and with more room. I found a place listed for $500 a month, five bedrooms. But its on a busy street and I walked around the outside, didn't see an air conditioner. I guess I could put in a couple of window units come summer time, but I hate those, they aren't very effiecient. And when its cold, its easy to not worry about ac, but trust me, it gets hot and miserable here in the summer, and hot weather lasts from mid may to late september. Also, there are lots of neighbor kids here for my boys . . . who knows about there.

Another interesting thing happened today. I found Gideon's biological dad on facebook. The man has been laying low for years, I've looked. I guess he forgot he owed lots of child support or he decided to get legitimate. He's married now, looks happy. His wife is at least 15 years older than he is. (she graduated high school in 1983, I graduate in 2000 by comparason) I sent him a message through facebook. I guess it was kind of snarky. Said that I thought he was a better man than someone who has a kid and then doesn't even try to be in its life.

We'll see what happens with that. Gideon is five, almost six, and beautiful. He's fun and funny. He knows Shane, Isaiah and Noah's dad, to be his. But doesn't he have a right to have a chance to know his own father? I dunno for sure what the right thing is, except that the asshole owes me five years worth of child support.

And I don't think he should get to get married and live a fairy tale and not even think about the child he abandoned.

No comments: