Sunday, August 21, 2011

Some people

Some people make me smile, my sons, my dad, Jason.

Some people make me cry, my brothers, all those starving african children.

And

Some people make me want to commit murder. This was the ass hat's weekend with his kids. He came and got them this time, but he still owes me $20 from last time. Anyway, I go get the kids and its like an hour or so drive home and Isaiah and I chat.

Isaiah says his dad told him that he wants to move out of state in order not to have to pay child support.

Uhm . . . does anyone else have a huge problem with this? 1) Child support orders cross state lines. 2) The man has child support issues because he keeps making children instead of getting himself a higher education or a better trade, he gets a new girlfriend and gets her pregnant. 3) Who in their right mid tells this to their 12 year old son?

So I am kinda too mad to even talk to anyone about this right now because I am afraid that if I do, I may "go there", and "there" isn't a place I particularly enjoy being.

That being said . . .

Is it possible to obtain a court order barring the noncustodial parent from moving without leaving information as to where they are going and for whom they intend to be working?

Because I am quite sure that child support orders travel, and I am even more sure that arrest warrants related to failure to follow a court order do.

Am I evil? Possibly. Maybe I should let the bastard off the hook and say "good riddance" .

I do know that spending time with Jason has shown me a whole different angle to the situation. He misses his son so much when he's not with him. He worries about moving anywhere that puts him further away from him. He's willing to uproot his life to make room for him. He buys clothing and shoes and toys and books so that his son is never bored or without when he visits.

Shane takes the kids because he knows it would look bad if he didn't. But he's also plotting his escape from the responsibility of being their dad (although his current girlfriend is pregnant). He does nothing over or above what the courts have ordered him to do under threat of jail. When he spends time with his kids, they stay home all weekend or they do chores.

Jason is the kind of man they tell you to wait for when you are young, hormonal, and impatient. I honestly don't know what the future holds for him and me. We've spent the past few weekends together and had a great time, kids and no kids. We've taken kids to the zoo, gone camping just us, watched movies, cruised the bar, eaten out and stayed in.

He's emotionally stabile and doesn't bullshit. We can have deep or silly conversations and I've figured out his ticklish spots. He drinks a lot more than I do, and when I'm around him I drink.

No comments: