Well, had a crushing case of insomnia last night. Didn't even want to go to bed, even though it was mid night, which is up very late for me. Then I woke up at four in the mornign and was completely awake. I ended up getting up, answering some emails, reading some blogs and watching doctor who. (If none of you are familiar wih doctor who, I recommend it).
Then I went back to bed and Slept until nine. So here's the thing. I read a few blogs about people who are pregnant. I don't get the whole "natural birth no pain killers" thing. Does pain mak ea person bond better with the baby? Nope. Does being in pain make recovery much quicker? Nope, still emotionally and physically out of it for days after ward. Maybe I'm just a big wuss.
Crap. Gotta get to work. Wish me luck.
3 comments:
I have 4 sisters, and ALL of them had epidurals when they gave birth.
Do the same women who don't believe in pain relief during child birth also not believe in pain relief when when they get dental work such as root canal?
When I was a kid, I would'nt let my family dentist drill my teeth for fillings unless he gave me AT LEAST 3 shots of Novacaine. The dentist was in disbelief that a 12 year old was insisting on Novacaine and called my parents. The call lasted all of about 15 seconds...I got 4 shots.
-Dino
Guys - I think the idea behind natural is that the drugs don't get to the baby - which they do. I had epidurals with both my boys but my second was born literally five minutes after the epi so the drugs didn't kick in until after he was born. And it was crazy to see how much more alert he was than my first. So I don't think it's about the suffering making you noble or anything like that. (well maybe it is for some people) It's about keeping the drugs out of the baby's system.
I suppose I can see that. I know that my kids were all sleepy after they were born for a few days, so it is possible they got a little doopey. Doesn't seemed to have hurt them though.
Post a Comment