Monday, June 9, 2008

Whew

Well, made it. Got all the stuff in the new place before it rained on us. We were hot and tired and more then a little bit cranky by the time it was finished. Mike was a huge help, so was my uncle. There were two casualties. A lamp of mine was broken in the packing and moving proccess and the globe of one of the hall lights was broken when someone carried something tall into it. I'd say that is pretty good, especially for cheap help.

I also had an adventure with a new microwave. I left the old one, it was getting to the point where it wasn't working. SO I went out and bought a new one. Took it home, got it out of the box. At dinner time went to make a tv dinner. And it stank stank really really bad. But I know that sometimes new things will smell a little for the first time so I didn't worry about it. Until I went int o check my dinner and the whole kitchen area was full of smoke. Thats right, the thing had caught fire, somewhere down inside. Terrifying.

Anyhow. Managed to get it outside. Opened all the doors and windows to get the smoke out (terrible eye and throat burning stinking smoke). I also called the apartmant manager because the smoke alarm never went off, and there was enough smoke in the apartment that it shoudl have gone off.

Other then that, I have stuff in my house, but it isn't arranged and is still a chaotic puzzle to find anything. But its getting better. My body is so beat up feeling that it really needs a few days rest .

I have also decided that life without the kids is dull, borring monotonus and lonely. And I am afraid that I'll get used to it and it'll be a huge shock to have them back, in four weeks. Classes start tomarro, so hopefully that will keep me busy enough that I won't go completely insane.

I'm bloggin from the library for now, saving money. So I don't have all the links hat I usually visit with me. Trying to figure out is I can load my favorites onto a usb stick and basically carry around a used account with me, but that would first involve setting up my computer at home, which I haven't gotten around to yet. Leave any messages here and I'll see them though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting you are moved in. I guess you can take the microwave back and get a good one right? I hope they checked the smoke alarm properly too.

Hope your classes will go well.

You're an absolute inspiration to me, I am going to do things that I find scary too!

msholiday said...

You have done it!! Great!
Have a great time at school and you just might meet a good friend there.
Sounds like your home is very nice and things will work out just fine.
Hugs.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

Congratulations on the new place! I am glad you made it.

About your favorites - you can get a del.icio.us account for free and keep all your favorites listed there. Then you can access them from any computer with Internet. You can also share them with your friends and see what cool sites other people collect.