Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Post92 In Which I gripe yet again

Let's see. My brother's dedication to parenthood lasted exactly until some friends invited him to Worlds of Fun. It was a last minute invite. They left at two and he was invited this morning. Got pouty when I told him I wasn't missing class so he could go play.

When I got out of class I went to the mall. Mostly to walk around a little its a tiny thing and not good for much else. He calls me while I'm there. Wants me to loan him gas money to give to Sherry who he called to come get Lexi early.

I meet him at my house. He was all agitated about wanting to go and being mean to Lexi and sniping with Sherry via MY cell phone. Sherry of course was being purposly obtuse. Mike said they wanted to be out of town by two so she made sure to be juust a leetle late.

I'm dusgusted with them both. And I have pile of work to do. One of my instructors is in the hospital. So in leiu of a week's worth of lectures. I have a lot of reading to mess with.

I did what I could. I lectured Mike about how parents don't usually get to drop everything and run off with friends. Aparently I a good mom and can babysit for him. But I'm also an antisocial freak who needs no social life. I dropped him and Lexi at his house ans came home. The whole thing left ne exhausted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a delicate balancing act Alley.
Realizing that your niece needs stability, while at the same time preventing your brother from pawning her off on you so he can go out & party all the time.
The one that suffers the most is Lexi.
Don't be surprised if she starts to beg your brother to take her over to you.
You walk the razors edge kid.
Hang in there.
-Dino

Anonymous said...

You will need to set some strong boundaries with your brother. Don't give up your spare time for them, they were doing ok before you moved here, they can always find alternative baby sitters.

Your energy belongs to your study and your boys. Don't sabotage all your good work and efforts, be strong and take care of yourself first. It might feel like you are being mean but you're not. I've been there, started at Theatre School all excited and ready to work hard and got drained by my family making demands on me.