Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hiding out

Okay, so I am supposed to be this really together person at this point. I am back in school for my masters and I have an awesome job lined up for the fall. So why am I hiding out? Well, its because of my brothers. Tom is in town from his highway weed spraying job. He brought his work truck with him. Now I guess work wants it back. So he amd mike formulated a plan to go take the truck back, pick up tom's car and visit some mutual drinking buddies. NOt a bad plan. Exept for one tiny problem.

Its mike's turn to have Lexi. Sherry has been texting me for two days, and I am trying to stay out of it. I'm the aunt. I shouldn't be their custody mediator. That isn't how this works. I have a TON of work to do, I am only on here becuase I feel like I have to get all this off my chest so that I can focus. SO, Mike and TOm aren't in town and sherry has birthday plans. Aparently she thinks she needs to go out of town for her birthday. I'm sorry. I have work to do. I have school work and I have house work and I have running around work that all needs done before the kids get back, I go get them next week.

So, I (being the confrontation phobic that I am) am hiding out at the library not answering the phone. And I feel like an absolute asshole about the whole deal.

Other then that, things are going well. I have the two younger ones on waiting lists for daycares. I am ferverently praying that they get in and into the same one would be really great. I have the numbers of some family doctors who might take us on as new patients and I am hoping to get that taken care of soon too.

I got the oil changed on my car. I know that one soudns small, but not so very long ago I didn't have a car so car stuff in general still tickles me.

I haven't heard from my bloggy friends fro a while, I hope everyone is okay and notpissed at me. I don't know why but when I don't hear from people thats where I go, they must be pissed at me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not angry with you, I have been very self involved as of late.

Good for you setting boundaries, ignoring text messages if for me setting a boundary! This is so healthy that you are doing this especially early on so they can learn quickly.

Anonymous said...

I'm not pissed at you either.
Problem with me is I don't get a chance to read your blog with any regularity.
I go with kimkim on this one, don't let them pawn Lexi off on you, even if it means hiding out and not answering your phone.
Of course you'll feel bad about doing it; you have a conscience after all.
The one that suffers the most is Lexi.
Tomorrows another day.
-Dino

msholiday said...

Kim is very right, you must set boundaries and this is a great way to do it. Keep your eye on the prize, you are doing great and don't feel bad. This drama went on before you and it will go on after you, with or without you. Your family first. Whenever I don't want to do something, I say something like no I don't want to do that or I am not up to it, another time but not just now. Not too sharp but they get the idea.