Wednesday, June 4, 2008

WAAAAA!

The boys are gone. Went to dads. Isaiah was mopey all morning. Gideon hugged me and told me "see ya tonight". Yeah, like in four weeks. Cried all the way home. (WE were at pizza hut). Now, lonely, need to get to work. Miss my kiddos.

I've been mom on duty since I was 17. I'm not sure I can handle a month alone.

Added at 4:09
Molly just called. They are almost through arkansas. Dad and Isaiah went into a convenience store. The little guys are sitting in their car seats, crying. She put the phone to their ears and I tried to talk to them. It didn't help. Broke my heart a little to hear them both crying and unhappy and to not be able to hug them and rock them and sing their special songs to them and make it all better. I hope this gets easier.

Added at 10:00 pm

They've called a few times. Once a little while after the first call. Dad had decided to let them boys walk around a walmart and they had calmed down, picked out some cookies and where back on the road.

Then they called from a rest stop in Arkansas. The boys were playing in pine needles, something about trying to bury optimus prime. I'm not sure he diserved that, but yo never can tell these days.

Then they called just now. It was late, they were at Brinkly arkansas. Dad said he figured they would be settling down and sleeping now that it was dark and there wasn't much to look at. I talked to each one. Told them I loved them bunches and bunches. Gideon and Isaiah told me they loved me back. Noah gave me cute baby babble, that I assume was Ilove you mom, but I can't see you.

I still wish I could hug them.

Added at 11:00 am

They are there. They made it safely. Gideon seems to have potty trained himself on the trip. Stayed dry between all but one stop. Glad I sent a few pairs of training pants. Isaiah left his blanky (yes, he still has a blanky, its old and pathetic and he only uses it at night), he hasn't mentioned wanting it yet, so I think I am just going to put it in my hope chest and maybe he will finally outgrow needing it.

So glad they are all okay. So ready to move and get started in class so I am too busy to miss them.

2 comments:

msholiday said...

A month does seem a long time, especially for the younger boys, but it will go by fast and they will be back home before you know it and you will have a great celebration, with cake and icecream and their favorite foods in your new home.

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to cry. Well they will settle in and this gives you some much needed time to get yourself sorted out with the move.

Still it must feel so empty not having them there.

Did you get my email? Please can you check just one more time and if it doesn't work we try something else - you know what I am talking about....

sending you lots of good energy!