What? That's an insane workload? Really?
Maybe it is. But its the situation I find myself in. And I think that it is the situation I need to be in for the moment. But it takes a toll. Its like I have this metaphysical need to do something more creative than homework, more fun than lesson planning, and more productive than watching TV. I write fiction. You've probably read a little on my other blogs. I don't post everything I write, and I don't finish most of what I start, but its like I have this odd need inside me to just create these stories, these worlds, these people. And then once I've written them down, I am done with them and can get back to work or what ever.
But they take time and attention to put together. And time is something I don't have much of. And my attention seems to be prone to wondering lately. I'm not sure if allowing myself the luxury of a little fiction writing would make that better or worse.
So, in the next two weeks, I will have a grand total of two productive school days. Wednesday this week is an all juniors field trip, that wipes out three classes, not enough kids will be left to bother trying to teach. Thursday and friday is a catholic youth conference in kansas city that most of the kid who participate in youth groups will go to (yay parochial school), so those days are blown. The following monday is another all juniors, this time for history. Tuesday after that is career day in the afternoon. No teaching will occur at the time.
1 comment:
Time? Yeah, not enough of it is there? I think I'm caught up on your postings again. Not being too good about that (reading or writing) much lately because why? Time.
It's great that you have that creative writing outlet. Who cares if it never gets finished? As long as it works for you and you get something from it thats all that matters. And ya never know - one of these days you may have time to go back and finish. Good luck.
Post a Comment