I don't care.
That's it. Crap, baggage, issues, whatever. I don't care. It isn't often I meet someone who doesn't piss me off, annoy me, or bore me to death, or offend the heck outta me. So why shouldn't I relax a little and just see what happens?
So I guess until he pisses me off or blows me off, I'm interested in seeing what happens. I have no expectations for the future because that leads to trouble. I do have expectations as to how I am treated and how I treat.
And now I'm done talking about this.
In other news . . . . . .
My little boys are missing their big brother to the point that yesterday Isaiah was an imaginary friend. Isaiah told the to do rotten things and took things from the fridge without permission. The real Isaiah is in TN, where we will be headed next week.
I miss him too. He's my big boy and my little helper. Things are off balance without him here, it doesn't feel like home yet.
Of course, settling in is not instant. I'm homesick for Pittsburg with its parks and Y and stores that offer a better selection of just about everything. I love the small town life, but I think I got used to the convenience of living in Pitt with Joplin so close by.
It makes me worry about, you guessed it, the future. I want to make a permanent home for my kids. Poor Isaiah's been moved three times now and he'll only be in the sixth grade. A stable childhood home is something that all children crave and need. But how can they have that if we move every couple of years.
On the other hand, lots of kids are moved around for parent jobs and end up just fine, right? As the school year hasn't even started yet, I am not going to worry too much about this. I know that I'll make local friends and not feel like driving back to Pitt every weekend to see old ones. I may even have some of my old ones up to visit.
Oh, and I got chigger bit last weekend, still suffering. I HATE chiggers.
1 comment:
Chiggers are the worst. And it's great you're going to see where things go. Do what's best for you :)
Post a Comment