Saturday, July 31, 2010

Like the new look?

The site that was providing my free background apparently decided it didn't like me anymore. And blogger has improved their formatting tools, so this is what I ended up with.

Having a meloncholy weekend. Its partially my own fault. And yes, its relationships stuff.

I'm so bad at this stuff. I am not smooth with the guys and while I'm not ulgy by any means, I am invisible. I don't get noticed. Not in a way that seems to translate into being seen as attractive. So, when any male pays me attention, I tend to soak it up in the moment and think later.

But the thing is, if I'm dating him, then I want his attention. At least a phone call or a quick text saying hi, how are ya, what's bugging you today. But we go days without talking or texting or chatting. At first I was okay with that situation. But now, as things have gone on for a few months, I'm not.

If we're a couple, I want us to act like a couple, even if we don't physically see each other that often because of the distance. And if he doesn't want us to be a couple, then I need to stop seeing him, because he's too far away and has too many issues to be a mister right now.

Speaking of issues, his keep multiplying or being revealed. Like the layers of an onion. But he isn't a cuddly ogre. He's a complicated human being who diserves not to be lead on by someone who has emotional intimacy issues but craves physical attention.

If that makes any sense.

I didn't break up with him. I sent him a text saying "had a great time last night, but I need to ask, do you consider us to be a couple?"

Haven't heard anything from him since. Seems like its a pretty effective method of ending a not so relationship.

I know letting this end is the right thing to do. But I still feel a little blah.

I like being in a relationship, dating, having a fella to share my life with. Is that so wrong?

Guess I'll have to give it time.

2 comments:

MindyMom said...

A LOT of us have changed our backgrounds (myself in cluded)because of the change. What a PITA.

I hear ya on the relationship stuff. Remember, having NO relationship is better than being in the WRONG relationship.

msholiday said...

If the question, are we a couple is in your mind, means its a pretty poor relationship and like Mindy Mom said, no relationship is better, than a wrong one. He has to make you feel special, he has to call, and talk to you, he wants to see you often. Then maybe you're a couple.