Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Road tripping

Well, made it to Tennessee. Didn't write a post that I was leaving, but I made it anyway. We left early Monday morning. It's typically a 13 to 14 hour drive, but I was taking the dog, so we left at five in the morning with plans to stop often for potty/walk/food breaks. Also took a cooler of snacks so I wouldn't be spending a lot of cash at road side fast food joints.

The stop of breaks and cooler of goodies plan worked just like I wanted it too. The little boys got to go potty and play and the dog got to potty and get a drink and run around. I didn't spend a dime on fast food the whole trip.

That was about the only thing that went well.

My phone's GPS is apparently going through a bitchy phase. The first rought it gave me took us to a construction zone that didn't have any detour sings. So I just drove to the nearest interstate and asked again. That rought took me all the way north through saint louis, across Illinois and Kentucky before dropping into Tennessee. It also took us through six huge highway construction projects. I'm all for stimulating the economy, but it put a definite damper on my road trip.

We also got caught in a thunderstorm, would drive out from under it, and then get slowed down and caught again, so frustrating.

I got tired. And made my step sister do some driving.

The plan had been to leave at five am, watch the sun rise as we drove, and get here while there was still some daylight. We got in at ten till midnight.

Today has been mostly lazy. Went up to dad's store, he does the manager thing well. Looks good on him so to speak. Other than that, sleep. Tomorrow I plan on some sight seeing.

Its wonderful to see Isaiah again, even though he still has an attitude with me. He's just getting so grown up. Teh little guys must have missed fighting with him, cause now that's all they do.

So, remember that topic I wasn't going to antagonize over? Well, its still there. Still seeing him, not often, and we text and im.

But because it isn't an official "thing" I was poking around POF, just to see what and who was out there and got to emailing with someone who seemed really nice.

Seemed.

Can I just point out that if I tell you I teach special ed, it means I know a thing or three about it, don't go into a rant about how putting Sped kids in general classrooms holds everyone back. For one thing, data says that isn't true, for another under IDEA all kids have a legal right to the general ed curriculum in the least restrictive environment, and for a third, "typical" students have actually shown greater growth in combined classrooms.

He started off so good. Religeous, but not fundamentalist, my age, employed, educated. And then revealed himself to be what certainly came off as a pompus ass.

And that's why I hate the hunting, the preliminary dating thing. So many people hide who they are and you have to tease it out of them before you've invested too much emotion and time into the relationship.

Celibacy, not looking so terrible if my luck in dating holds. just sayin.

No comments: