Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sucketty mcsuck-suck

Yeah, it makes no sense, but it was rattling around in my head looking for a home, so there it is.

Little boys went to the ass-hat's for the weekend. Seemed to have fun. I ended up camping with the dude I've been talking about and a couple of his friends. It was nice, not mind blowingly fun and not horridly borring, but nice.

I guess part of the problem with a relationship that goes physical fast is that when the situation is such that getting physical is off the table, you aren't sure what to do with each other. I'm not explaining myself very well. Which is silly because this is my blog and I could always come edit it. I won't, but I could.

Anyway. We went fishing in some strip pits (basically big artificial gouges in the earth where strip mining took place years ago). Didn't catch much. got nibbled on by tiny bait fish, but the big guys weren't biting. It was nice though. The water was clear and I could see the little fish swimming around my feet, and the sound of the cicadas and the bugs and frogs and the water was so still it was like a mirror for the sky. It occured to me that I really should do that more often, dude or no dude.

Time with the guy was . . . . odd. He invited me to come. But then seemed like he didn't know what to do with me once I was there. I'm not a fisher person. I'm sorry, I'm not. I like be outdoors and welcome any break in my routines, but fishing, not for me. I tend to want to pitch in and help, but he and his friend and the friend's girlfriend had camped the night before and had everything basically set, so I ended up standing around with my hands in my pockets a lot. Or staring off at the water or into the sky a lot.

Maybe I'm just a boring person.

Slept very badly. It was a free area, but not a maintained campsite. So it was bumpy, and in a smaller tent, in the middle of summer, with a tall dude who has to sleep slantwise to even fit in the tent, it was not comfortable. (and no nooky, just too hot and too public)

Next morning, well, neither of us are morning people. He wanted to go to church, normally I would have, but I'd been camping and was sweaty and felt like a total skeeve and talked him out of it. I probably shouldn't have.

ended up sitting most of Sunday in his place watching Tv and doing nothing. Once again, felt like if I was there I should be helping out, felt useless and a little unwelcome.

I dunno. Maybe I am boring to be around. Or maybe its just not there.

I did learn some things about my dude though.

He can build, as in fabricate, almost anything. But he's no good with bookwork (poor guy), and thats part of why he's taken so long to pursue his GED, plus he was doing alright for so long with out it.

His buddy is not nearly as intelligent as he is and also doing the GED thing. But he seems to have himself under better control. The night before I went out, Dude had gotten sloshed, tipped over a boat, and had a very drunken time. The whole time I was there he didn't drink.

It made a difference in his outward personality.

And to be honest, I'm not sure I like the fact that he seems to need to be drunk drunk drunk to enjoy himself and goes into a shell when he isn't.

ARGH! Still like the bastard though.

My people picker is obviously malfunctioning. I think that's a huge part of my problem. I blame my childhood. Will write more on that at another time.

No comments: