Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 1

Its not the first day for students until Thursday, but it was the first day for teachers. Meetings today, a few more tomorrow, and work in classrooms on Wednesday. Having to be up and ready and drop my little dudes at daycare certainly felt like a normal day of work.

This year is off to a spotty start. In the plus side, all our Sped staff returned this year for the first time in six years. Everyone is happy about that. In the minus side is the fact that I secretly kinda wish I had been more aggressive about applying for a different position closer to pittsburg or joplin.

Also, our students' enrollments were all sorts of messed up and what with moving them around and figuring out the Sped coverage, none of us know our schedules yet.

That's right, school starts in three days, and none of the sped staff know what they will be doing. It kinda pisses me off, because enrollment was back in February.

A huge good thing, I'm starting this year a pants size smaller than I ended the last one. One a whim I bought a size smaller pants, figuring I'd have to return them. But the fit is actually nice. I am two sizes smaller than I was at the beginning of this school year.

As much as I complain about this job, its better than my last one. Any job that causes you to stress so much you get that big isn't good for you.

I'm going to try to maintain the healthy life focus as the year starts up. Another Sped teacher I work with and I are going to go walking at the track a few times a week, starting this evening.

Isaiah is still grounded. He seems to know he's in trouble, but he also seems like he thinks its a big joke. I don't think skipping school is a joke. He doesn't go to daycare or the sitter so he spends these meeting days home alone. I've told him I'm working and it isn't happy fun time, but he still texts constantly and wants to come up to the school and hang around. He's so rude and disrespectful to me that I honestly don't want him around the people I work with. I don't know how it happened, but my charming son has turned into a bit of an asshole. I also don't know how to fix it. So he's doing lots of chores and not seeing many friends.

1 comment:

perdido said...

congrats on the weight loss!!! That's awesome!