I honestly think I have mental problems.
Today started out odd, good, but odd. We had some storms move through last night and they came with some stiff straight line winds. When we went to put the dog in his pen on our way out the door, we realized that the winds had blown said pen over onto its side. Isaiah and I managed to set it back up and get the door back on the hinge, but what had started as an out the door early morning turned into a run now or be forever late morning.
Got the kids dropped off and to work and had a really decent day. Didn't get a whole lot of lip from anyone. The kid who cussed me up one side and down the other last week was blessedly hard working today, kid who said she's come get extra help did it. All around good day.
Check my email before a leave the building and there it is. Email 1, sub reminders for the various IEP meetings of the day. Email 2, the automated reminder about my noon meeting. Email 3, the special services coordinator letting me know I would have to reschedule the meeting I didn't go to. Email 4, the teacher who skipped her lunch trying to attend the meeting I forgot to go run.
I am mortified. I rescheduled with the parent. Emailed apologies to all the player invovled and ate a lot of electronic crow. I've spent all evening trying to figure out how I let this happen. I put all my meetings into google calender and my phone.
But the calender didn't send the reminder while I was anywhere near my desk to see it. The meeting was at an odd time too, which didn't help. And we've had issues with students and even paras having their phones on them and out so I stopped carrying mine. I know that I used it to look up stuff related to what we are working on in class, answer work emails, and as a calculator, but it looks like I'm playing on my phone. If I want others to leave their phones away, I need to be willing to do the same. So my phone sent an alert, but it wasn't in my pocket to remind me.
I think it'll be ok. They aren't going to fire me over this. But it makes me and my department look bad. I had a tingle that there was something I needed to do today, but then I got busy, focused on other things, and let it go.
On other areas things are ok. Beast came home from the vet. I can tell he's sore because he wont settle anywhere. He wants out but I want him in for a few days so he's being very vocal about that. HE goes back in a month for a booster shot.
Made nice dinner for the kids while Isaiah emptied the pantry for me. Its not a closet and not a room, but I have some portable shelves set up in there and we use it as food/pet food/ kitchen gadget over flow. Bravery, weather because she was so sick or because she was so rotten, was pooping way back in a corner. I followed my nose to a smell and found a poo pile that was disgusting. The plan was to empty the room, sweep, vacuum, and shampoo. Then put everything away tomorrow.
Unfortunately, my brand new, used once, carpet shampoooer, is broken. No outward sign of trauma, just no brush spin or suction and lots of heat build up in the motor housing. Going to try to exchange it tomorrow. We settled for spot scrubbing that carpet and I'll vacuum is again tomorrow morning. I also plan to rearrange my storage so less food ends up back there. For now its all piled on the table and in the laundry room.
I've noticed that when I get stressed, I have a low tolerance for small noises. The sound of my dog licking his chops, my kids' voices, the clicking of toys all drive me nuts and make me feel like I am in an echo chamber. But it isn't all that loud. Something about my brain just amplifies it all. I sound crazy.
Here's to hoping that I do better tomorrow. That instead of just thinking I had a good day, I actually have a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment