Monday, February 20, 2012

Bitch is Back

The worst part about my Monday is not having to get up early. It isn't the fact that I only ever get through half or less of my to do list for the weekend or that I sqaundered pretty weather or that I didn't do enough super special fun things with my kids.

The worst part about Mondays for me is always the fact that I have to become a fun sucker. I'm a teacher. Its my job to ride your ass about homework you don't have done or classes you are failing or volunteering in order to earn vocational credits. Its my job to tell you that texting in school, even with your mom, isn't ok. That streaming funny videos online is not the best use of the two computers in my classroom and that announcing you wont be in school for the next test wont get you out of taking it.

I am not a hard ass by nature. I like a funny video as much as the next person and I have my phone surgically implanted to my hand. But I leave them alone during school hours so that I can focus all of my attention on teaching.

Its kind of a bummy week anyway. Last Thursday my cat, Bravery, had to be put down. She had feline leukemia with caused tumors to grow through out her body. Today our other cat, Beast, goes in to be neutered and to be tested for the virus. I'm betting he has it. He's young and healthy for now, but its going to shorten his life and cause his death to be painful. The kids are sad, but plotting a puppy. I'm not bringing another cat into the house for a while. If beast is positive and lives, then not until he's gone and if he's negative, I don't want to risk exposing him.

Working out after school is still painful, but not vomit inducing anymore. I can also do crunches and sit ups that were impossible. Some things are getting easier, others seem hard still. Its almost like I have to scrape by with the wrong muscle groups because the correct ones are so weak, and then I get a little more tone and all of a sudden its hard because I'm actually engaging the right muscles.

I know its good for me. And I know now that I don't have the internal discipline to make myself work that hard on my own. Too bad the instructor took a job in western kansas and is moving this summer.

For the most part all is well. Kids are good but rotten. I wish I knew how to have fewer evenings where they fight, argue, yell, get into, tell me no and then get sent to bed a half hour early because I can't stand dealing with it anymore. But in between all that, happy family.

No comments: