It seems like I get to the end of my energy with things left undone more often than not. I can't seem to gather my thoughts for a cohesive post anymore. I'm kinda all over the place and vague.
I blame work. There's too much to do, too much to try to keep track of, too many people to answer to. And yet, I claim to love my job. I do love my job - working with kids. I dislike the bureaucracy that goes along with it.
Aside from IEP forms, which run on average 25 pages and I have to write up 20 a school year, and periodic progress reports, I have to design and present training to paras - some of whom have been paras for longer than I've been alive. Then there's the fact that I have to magically be able to keep track of student assignments, even for classes I do not coteach and kids I don't see unless I hunt them down. Oh, and the job embedded training I'm supposed to have done for staff development, yeah, I'm totally faking it, using a project from grad school that is super imposed on our situation. As some point I have to make a presentation.
Parent teacher conferences and enrollment are this week. Monday I worked until 8:00, and tomorrow the kids don't have school but I'll be there from 8 am to 8 pm. I plan on checking on the boys at home several times, but still, its a long, stressful day. Made all the worse by the fact that Isaiah's phone seems to be broken.
Its a touch screen with a slide out key board. Well, the screen wont work. Without it you cannot select aps, read text messages or do really anything. It rings when you call into it. I told Isaiah to keep it close and be prepared for me to arrive unhappy if he doesn't answer. I got the insurance on it, so it can be replaced for a minor co-pay. Its just gonna be a hassle, and I hate hassle.
I went a little crazy and decided to get a puppy. I know it isn't politically correct, but I'm buying a puppy from a breeder. She was born on January 27, so she isn't old enough yet. Basset hound. I love hounds and I figure Gizmo needs a buddy. Dad's already tried to talk me out of it, you're welcome to join him in the attempt.
Been walking Gizmo every evening to try to get him some exercise. He is not great on a leash, but I'm getting him to the point that he will jog with me. He'll be doing really well, and then he'll smell a bunny and off he goes and my rhythm is lost and we're walking again. Also doing lunges and crunches at home.
I guess that's all I have in me at the moment. It seems kinda superficial. Maybe the long weekend will give me a chance to percolate something meatier.
No comments:
Post a Comment