In my classroom planning class we have been doing various excercises that can be applied to the classroom. Today we did one as a gwtting to know you. In it a group of four uses alarge star to writr ther things they all have in common in the center and things that were unique in the points. There were mothers who had raised very successfull children. There were world travelers. A woman who had played proffessional softball in europe. People who had run their own bussinesses.
I felt totally inadequate. What am I. Single mom who wussed out on medical school. Mother to three sons who are spending a month with the grandparents. I know I have come through a lot in the past few years, but I guess thoe things aren't what people are willing to brag about. Which makes my past a dirty, shamefull secret. The details will be only ever sketchilly revealed. It sounds melodramatic but I also think it holds a certain amount of truth. I sometimes dream about some random parent getting wind of thr fact that I was a teen mom and raising hell about it. The fact that I am a non-conformist certainly does not help.
I am watching mike's daughter tonight. I'm not sure how this happened, but Sherry decided to go out on town and mike works odd hours. So its like even if I did want to go a littl crazy, I couldn't because I am babysitting all weekend. Maybe I just complain too much.
2 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. Happens to me at Quilt Guilds which seem to hold only the rich and famous. The funny thing is those very people often get inspiration from....yes us. We have skills they don't because they may have never been exposed to what we have been exposed to. Most people want to follow, very few want to be leaders. You my dear, are a leader, I don't think you know it yet, but you are. Just remember that the less people know about you the better. Gives no room for gossip. Exploit your great qualities and you have many.
Be proud of what you have achieved, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about, so you didn't travel the world, you are leaving a much smaller carbon footprint for your great grand children.
Single mom who wussed out on medical school?
Well, single mom can go back to medical school if she wants to.
Single mom, still in her 20's, does'nt realize that she's still young; whole life still ahead of her.
Still has more days ahead than behind.
Must stop deprecating self, must understand plenty of time left to travel world, play softball on professional level & run own business.
Has 3 small children, perhaps they will grow up to be successful too, maybe even next savior of mankid.
Who knows?
Live for today, dream for tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on.
-Dino
Post a Comment