Okay, so I managed to hide out in the library until the bulk of what had me stressed was done. So, when the textign and calls continued I agreed to go get mike and take him to get Lexi and a few movies and pick up a woman frined of his that wanted to come over that night. I should have just stayed home. My car window on the back passenger side quit working. I know it probably wasn't anyone's fault, just a 12 year old car with a cable to gave out. But emotionally, I feel like I was hounded into doing something I didn't want to do and I ended up with damaged property for my trouble.
Luckliy, I did find someone who would out it up and make it satya there. It isn't a permanet fix, and it isn't really fixed. BUt at least the rain isn't free to come into the car and the airconditioning can be run, cause guys, its hot here in the summer time. This is an unusual year, but most years we can count on highs in the mid to upper ninties from the middle of june throuhf july, in august, its always over 100. And it lingers here. Isaiah's birthday is October 12, I guarentee that the days will still be muggy and hot then.
Anyway, enoug about Kansas CLimate. Mike also didn't bother to even try to find child care for this weekend either. And he springs it on me. Seriously, I like the kid, but I hate havign thigns sprung on me. SO I told him, I'll come get her at eight. YOu will have alreayd fed her and she will essentially be reading to go to bed. No more of this dumpingher off on me so you can sleep.
So we did that. She played outside for a bit and then took a bubble bath and went to bed. Mike calls at 10:00. He doesn't have a ride to work. Can I please get Lexi up (Lexi who crys for hours if you wake her up before she is ready) and come get me and take me to work. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!! HAS THIS NOT GOTTEN COMPLETELY OUT OF HAND! I was ready fro bed. I was watching a movie. And I WAS NOT GETTING THAT KID UP FOR NO REASON.
I had mike and tom, who is still around town, walk over to my house. I then had tom stay there with Lexi and drove mike to work. It was late, much later then Ia m used to when I went to bed and I have been cranky all morning. I HATE THIS BULLSHIT!
And, of course, he needs a sitter tonight and saturday night and sunday night. And TOm needs a ride to parsons today to get his car and then tag it.
Oh yeah, now I remember why I liked my brothers being in other towns and without transportation. I KNOW mike managed to get to work before I moved here. I KNOW it. SO howcome now I am the nanny and the taxi driver and the bank to him? When the hell did this happen?
2 comments:
You have to set boundaries, if you want to do a little for them but not too much then say what you are able to give and stick to it. If you are clear about it and are strong they will accept it and nothing bad will happen.
They did manage before you lived there you know.
you can tell them you love them and that you have limits.
You are in a tough spot. It's nice you are there for Lexi but your brothers are taking advantage of you. I know you will figure out how to handle it. Hang in there! Glad to hear the car worked out and school plans are looking good.
Post a Comment