So, went and got keys to the new place today. Took over a load of stuff that I had been tripping on here for a week and a half. It was the first time I had seen inside. I knew they had renovated them in 2002, but hadn't actually seen. Very nice.
Three bedrooms, about the size of the ones we have now. A full sized bath and then a half bath. Lots more storage then this place had. New appliances, including the washer and dryer. (I am selling the ones I have to mike, it will cost me more to store them for a year then they are worth). Nicer stuff, the carpet in the living room and bedrooms is closer to industrial carpet then plush, but it and the tiles in the rest of the house and still nicer then the tired old, cracked, irregular tiles here.
Cabenets are newer and the formica is nicer too. The funny thing is that the tiles and counters have earthy green accents, which perfectly match my dinnet set and place mats. (winks to deb, who gave me said place mats). So, its nice, I'm happy.
Then there is the guilt. Miss my kids so much that it hurts. I try to stay busy, but its still hard. So, I feel guilty about not having my kids. I know this is better then dragging them with me to all these errands, but its an instictive thing. The big guilt is from dad though.
He recently started an online bussiness school, the money he used to travel down here and get the kids was student loan money. He had bought a really cool laptop from walmart for school befor ehe left, because with the three computers in his house already, he still can't get online when he wants to. Well, he called me just now from walmart. They took the laptop back and were shopping for baby wash, kid clothes and food noah will actually eat (aperently he threw everything they offered him).
Now its like, great, he's spending his cool computer money on my kids. MY KIDS. GRRRR, I know it is his choice, but still. Bugs me.
I am considering a smart phone. Like a blackberry pearl or one of those with the keyboards that flip out. They come with a data package, right? So, I could use it as a phone and to read email and blog and stuff. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?
2 comments:
Your Dad traded in his lap top because it made him happier giving his grandsons than to have his laptop. I think it is a wonderful thing. Stop feeling guilty, don't deny your dad this joy.
Okay, I called dad and he is still doing the online school, he just is sharing the competers already in the house.
He is enjoying being grampa while the kids are there.
Post a Comment