Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Sad and The happy

I read a story today about a man who beat a two year old to death on a public road while passing drivers and police tried to make him stop. He didn't until the police shot him in the head. If anyone was waiting for evedence of true evil. There it is.

I also am convinced that our economy is in a nose dive. Every retailer I've been in has had serious sales going on. I just bought a bunch of stuff at bath and body works that should have cost me 70 dollars. I spent twenty. I may actually go back and stock up. I love their aroma therapy stuff especially the relaxing mint.

And then there is the happy. I have Lexi again. But this time we did some girl stuff. I took her to the mall and let her play some arcade games and pick out a glycerin soap at bath and body works. She's taking a bath with her brand new soap now.

AND BEST OF ALL. ThE BOYS WILL BE BACK IN LESS THEN THREE WEEKS.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read about that man who beat that toddler to death and was subsequently shot dead by the police.
The whole event was tragic & disturbing. The only good thing about it, if it can be said, is that he'll never lay a hand on another child again.
Our economy is in really bad shape, and its going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. My advice to everyone is get yourselves out of debt & start living within your means; the sooner the better.
Although I don't know much about your brother or your niece Lexi, it sounds to me like you'll be more of a mother to her than her own. Try spending as much time with her as you can Alley. I know its easier said than done, but you'll probably be the one person in her life that will be able to give her a stable environment, which children need above all else.
Must stop my self-righteous rambling now.
Take care.
-Dino