Saturday, July 5, 2008

ROAD TRIP

Well made it to Tenessee. It was a twelve hour trip and I was exhausted when I got here. At three thirty local time. The GPS on my phone didn't work so I got lost which sucks when you are so tired you can't see straight and really really want to kiss your kiddos. I ended up getting lost within ten miles of Dad's house. After realizing I was lost I called dad and he talked me in. Isaiah was on an overnight and the little guys were asleep. I lay down in the bed in their room. And surprisingly found that I was so tired and dizzy that I couldn't sleep right away.

Eventually I did sleep. The little guys woke up at seven. And they acted like they didn't know who I was at first. They stared at me but wouldn't come to me. It kinda broke my heart. But they got over it. Must have been the way I showed up in the night and was just there when they woke up. Now they won't let me out of their sight.

Isaiah has been less then charming. He was happy to see me. Gave me a big hug and snuggles. But the July 4 stuff gets him worked up. He was up late the past several nights with these kids next door. Lack of sleep and an immenent end to his vacation had him being pretty pissy. I had a talk with him and dad did too and his attitude improved.

Its nice to visit. But expensive. And to tell the truth. I really want to gather up my kids and their stuff and go home.

Dad is nice. But they still have their own brand of crazy here. And to me it judt doen't taste right.

No comments: