I've been doing laundry directly into our duffle bags this week. Clothes appropriat for a summer at the edge of the appalacian mountains stay in, along with all sock and underware, everything else finds its way to a closet or a storage bin. It isn't nearly as organized as I just made it sound.
I've been grading like a mad woman, must find a way to stay ahead of it. Tomorrow I will be having my bio one classes scrubbing up the lab area of my classroom while I get things (mostly dead things in jars) packed away for the summer. I don't think they will be pleased with being asked to do (gasp, the horror) physical labor for forty minutes, and I am sure they are all going to claim allergies to comet. They're gonna work anyway.
So, more on the shit storm coming. I am driving to tennesee friday, so I had my oil changed and my fuel system cleaned tonight. It took forever, the kids were antsy, and like any other time I have something like this done, the kids ended up each getting a toy. When I finally got my car and started it, the engin light was on. Panic here. The car is the newest I've ever owned and that light most certainly wasn't on when I brought it.
SO I flagged down a guy who had the tech that worked on the car come out. He suggested that when the fuel system was being cleaned, carbon had clogged an oxygen sensor. He messed around under the hood a minute and then said, lets disconnect the battery. Well, he broke the connector to the battery, and then replaced. His words were "Lets keep it between us" I think he would probably have gotten in trouble if his manager had known. Or he's just very nice.
Anyway, aside from some, maybe not so nice thoughts about not unattractive mechanics, the whole thing seemed like an omen. Bad things coming. Trip maybe not a great idea.
Add to that yet another layer of apartment drama. With the whole lease thing, I was hounded into signing a lease renewal that stated another 12 months. And then pressured to give a move out date, because I graduated. And now I am going into this other master's program and will still qualify for student houseing, and the guy is saying he's already promised the apartment. If I stay in these apartments, I'll be forced to move out of this apartment and into another apartment. Does that even make sense?
I hate to sound bigoted, but I think the Saudi Arabian govt is calling the shots here.
No comments:
Post a Comment