Wednesday, May 27, 2009

quality time

The week is going by too fast.  Dad is having to work, so I can't spend as much time with him as I want. I think Isiah would rather I just went back to Kansas and left him to his own devices. Allegedly I am too hard on him when it comes to treating adults with respect and not over reacting or bullying his brothers. Noah and Gideon WANT to go back to Kansas, they seem tired of sleeping camped out on the floor. Maybe I should take them back with me . . . but dad would hate it and I would still have to come back to get Isaiah in a month anyway. 

We went for a drive in the smokey mountains yesterday. It was pretty and I got some great photos, but I also ended up feeling car sick and punch drunk by the time we got back. 

I ended up spending a major part of today on work and business. I still need to get grades in, and I had a phone interview for a high school teaching position at Joplin public high school. Wires were crossed about when, I have an email saying Thursday, they called and did it today. I've got no honest clue or idea of what to expect to come of it. I've had great job interviews that turned into nothing. . . on this I have no expectations. What will be will be. 

I drive back Saturday, I picked it because there would be three major cities to drive through and Saturday at least has less worry about yucky traffic. I think. Sometimes I think that I should just go home now . . . no one seems to be enjoying my presence, I did my job and delivered the kiddos. 

anyway, maybe I just expected too much. I knew dad would be working and that I would be broke. and not have a car big enough to haul everyone with me, sitting around my dad's house is too much like when I lived with him I guess. 

At least I don't anymore. At least camping out on the floor is a matter of choice and welcome, not because they and I had no other option. I guess that's a pretty big difference. 

No comments: