Thursday, June 4, 2009

I should have know better

I should have. I really really should have know better then to become entangled with my brothers. But I'm human and blood calls to you. Blood, genetics, society, psychology, something calls to you and tells you to reach out to those you are related to. TO help them. To trust them. To be nice to them. 

So is it any real surprise that I've been hanging out with mike, driving him and tom around to try and find jobs. Loaning money to mike. Letting tom stay in my now empty apartment while the kids are gone. Buying Tom food, letting him eat my food. Letting him crash here while I was out of town. 

Well, I'm guessing I shouldn't have let it happen. I'm guessing they were more or less in on it together from the begining. And I'm guessing that they aren't going to speak to me or let me see my neice for a long, long time now. 

But my FAMILY has been stealing from me since before mom died. They'd take cash out of my wallet and then act like I was paranoid and crazy when I freaked out because I couldn't account for where it all went. They pawned things of mine for cash. Took my cars late at night to go cruising. 

And for some reason I thought they were done with that sort of thing. I was wrong. They are both golden toungued conmen. 

While I was gone, someone got ahold of an expired debit card I use for travel and for internet shopping. Its one of those prepaid, reloadable numbers you get from walmat. Usually it only has anough money on it to cover to three dollar monthly fee. But to go to Tennessee I put several hundred dollars on it. 

Today, curious and wanting to see how much I had spent on the trip and on what, I logged into my online acocunt to see just that. And there were charges to alltel, a phone company I don't use. There were charges to hoonan house and to papa johns that happened while I was out of town.  I asked Tom, who was here making breakfast and he claimed it was all mike. I've talked to mike and he says it was all Tom. 

I called to card company and Alltel, both gave me the run aroung, requiring me to call them back. The short answer was that I needed to file a police report to get my money back. I needed to send said report and a formal letter of dispute to both companies and I needed to be a royal neg to get my money back. 

So I did. My brothers, who spend lots of time on the wrong side of the law are panicking, I'm being painted as an irrational and horrible person, and the cop was very nice and said that he would try to find video at the merchants, that would conclusively show who stole and attempted to use the card. 

Why couldn't I have a nice circle of people around me? Why can't I have brothers that are kooky and weird but not theives and liars? Why can't I have that kind of nice live were no one is sitting around plotting a way to take advantage of me? I'm a nice person, I'm not horrible to people or grotesquely ugly, Why can't I have a decent family life? 

1 comment:

msholiday said...

You know you are way too nice. The best thing you did was to report them. Niece or no niece I would divorce both of them, you don't need them, at all. They have no moral compass, and they will take advantage of you every time and probably forever. What is that biblical saying? If your right hand offends thee....cut it off. Not sure of the correct saying but you know what I mean.