Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I need a day off . . . way too often

So, here's a rundown of today and why I feel exhausted.

Its Catholic schools week, today was the all school mass. Which means from an educational standpoint, nothing happened. With half the school out at various times and all afternoon out of class, there was no way to even attempt to make progress, so I didn't . It was movie day. I popped in an episode of "The Universe" and put five questions up on the board. Watch the show, answer the questions, hand in the paper at the end of class.

Funny thing it that even though it sounds easy, its not. Still have to watch the little buggers.

Plus the finance committee is on the boss's ass. Which means he's in a lousy mood. Which means he is just itching to jump someone's ass. I try to stay out of his way. I also have a parent worrying about their kids' grade, its only a month since the reports went out . . . .

And the answer is simple. Kid smart, but kid not turn in all his work. Not turn in work on time equal not full points. Not do work as directed equals not full points. Spend more time making gogo eyes at girl than studying equal bad grade on tests. And all of a sudden the kids has a C instead of an A. But somehow I'm the bad guy.

So, school let out at two, I rush home, grab school things, change clothes, and go grab Noah from Daycare, where he's still asleep. And cranky and slow to get up (typical noah) get him up, run over to Gideon's school to get him, but I've missed him, he's on the bus headed to daycare, so scoot back across town and wait at Daycare for the bus. By now we are late for the Doctor's appointment.

We get to the office, and find out the kids medicaid had expired. I sent in the renewal paper work twice, still had to pay $90 I hadn't planned or budgeted on to see the doc. Kids have to have medical checks for new Daycare . . .

Gideon's check was fine. He's 45 pounds, 44 inches tall, ticklish and happy to show his tummy to the Doctor. Noah, on the other hand, did not check out well. He has had a rash on his bottom. I've tried diaper rash ointments, hydrocordisone cream, and triple antibiotic ointment. All seemed to help for a little while, and then the rash would return.

Turns out he has a strep infection of the skin, its under the skin, not on the surface, and occasionally "erupts" which is the pimple like rash i've seen on him. Its probably also why he's been sleepy and cranky.

He has antibiotics to take now. I hope he gets better fast.

So, I have medicaid that's been canceled, work that's become more and more of a circus, a kid who it turns out has been sick for a while, and to top it off, I went ahead and told dad about wanting him to come visit and his response was less than enthusiastic. Which hurt my feelings.

So, between picking up the kids, getting them to the doctor, getting home to collect Isaiah, delivering everyone to TOm to babysit, going to class, dropping off and picking up the script, I think I drove across the length of Pittsburg nine times tonight. I'm bushed.


No comments: