Isolating myself from all people who might eventually hurt me or judge me or take advantage of me only makes me feel lonely and isolated. Keeping my kids away from other adults makes my kids think their mom is weird. Spending every spare moment searching teaching job sites only makes me bad at what ever I should be doing at the moment.
As a thought experiment, its pretty easy to see. In practice it's harder to draw that line.
I'm liking this guy and this time around is so much different than just about any relationship I've had or started.
Is it that he's a Christian and takes all the values that encompasses seriously? Is it just that he's an actual adult, rather than a child in an adult's body? Or is it that I'm different than I've been in the past?
Am I seeing too much, am I allowing myself to look to far ahead and to entertain too many possibilities?
Its the same question I had last time, how do you know? How do you trust yourself? How do you trust another human being?
2 comments:
Tough questions. And the answer (I think) is that you dont know. It is a risk to enter into a relationship but no matter how hurt you have been in the past you cant put that on this new guy. Stay aware and remember that when you feel uncomfortable about something that could be a red flag. Pay attention! But at the same time relax and go with the flow.
April @ AllAboutBalance has a saying I love; "Hope for the best but expect the worst."
Its just that it isn't me to be all ushy gushy.
And here I am making up silly excuses to call him. again. after I already talked to him.
not me.
Post a Comment