Its the end of the school year. On the one hand I am looking forward to the end of school and some free time, on the other hand, I know I will be in classes or student teaching most of the summer and that doesn't exactly jive with the fantasy of three months free and clear to be lazy, rest and renew my internal batteries. I also haven't been offered any teaching jobs in public schools. That makes me so upset. To look back and remember how they were just screaming for more teachers, now i am a teacher and teachers are being laid off left and right, or they are leaving positions and not being replaced.
I signed my contract for another year at McAuley today. I got a whole Six hundred dollar a year raise. That's roughly fifty dollars a month. I may drop my health insurance because its looking like the cost will increase again. I know part of my melancholy is due to having signed that hateful contract.
And I've had a cough for like three weeks now. It started as a respiratory infection and I was sick as a proverbial dog. I got better from the infection, but the cough is still there. I think its allergy related. Which sucks because I tend to make fun of people who spend eight months a year sniffling and sneezing. Anyway, I took a long lasting, non-drowsy allergy pill today, and it worked, on the cough. To a point. Its a 12 hour formula and my cough comes back after eight. And it makes my mouth feel a little numb. Nothing like being tongue tied and spacy with a room full of teenagers.
And then there are my brothers. They got into a nasty fight two nights ago. I'm sure they were both being assholes. I am also sure they were both on their worst behavior. But the each come over and paint them selves like angels and the other one like a devil. I know its Bull Shit. I am trying very hard to not take sides in it.
But the fighting escalated and mike showed up with bruises on his arms and his face, looks like someone held his arms down while someone else hit him. Tom has another explanation. I really don't care. My little brother shows up looking beat up and I'm gonna let him sleep on my couch, that's just how I am. I gave him the same parameters that I gave Tom a year ago. He has two weeks. No drugs. No booze. Clean up after yourself and be nice to my kids and respectful to me.
We'll see how it works. In the mean time, there's this other person in my house who is not quite a guest and not quite a room mate. And who butts heads with my little boys.
Oh, and the dating thing? Sucks. That's all I can say. That and I am not willing to call it quits just yet.
So, what am I doing with all this? I am downloading Alisha Keys and Leona Lewis from frost wire and making girly music playlists. I don't have a broken heart as much as I have a patch that just isn't like I want it to be. I'd probably be doing better if I got some gratitude going. But I was out too late the past couple of nights and i just don't have the energy for that at the moment. Maybe tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment