Monday, May 10, 2010

Extreme weather

That's what we get tonight and for most of the week it sounds like. Its normal for strong storms to blow up in the midwest this time of year. We have warm, moist air from the gulf doing battle with cold dry air from Canada. It makes for exciting evenings.

Today we watched the radars all day, seeing the cells bloom like ugly green/yellow/orange/red flowers. We watched them march slowly across the map, and then we went outside and watched teh sky turn that special, magical, ominous shade or yellow green.

Its dark now, and raining, but the worst is supposedly yet to come in.

For some reason the restive storms building just over the horizon and then waiting there before blowing in seem to mirror my interior right now. I don't know if its stress, the time of year, or the fact that things just don't seem to be going my way here lately, but I feel like a thunderstorm waiting to blow.

Think I'll take a hot bath and go to bed early and listen to the rain fall and the wind blow and the thunder crash. And tomorrow when the sun rises fresh, clean, renewed, maybe I will be too.

No comments: