I try to avoid it. Sometimes without much success.
I read blogs and most of the ones I read are either parenting blogs or cooking blogs or hyper cerebral blogs. Its stuff that's fun to keep track of, or give me an ego boost thinking I'm rooting for someone I really don't know.
But occasionally my bloggy world takes a different direction. Today it was the blog of a woman who apparently lives in the city, is a stay at home mom to a single child, has a nanny who goes everywhere with her. She made a smart-assed comment about being a sometimes single mom because she had a rough day. It pissed some people off. I tracked down the original post to read it.
I don't think she meant any harm.
What gets my goat is the freaking life style that inspired the frustration that lead to the post. The woman HAS ONE CHILD, who doesn't have special needs. The woman is a stay at home parent.
WHAT ON EARTH DOES A STAY AT HOME MOTHER TO ONE CHILD NEED A NANNY FOR? Did I miss something?
Why do I have to struggle so much for so little and suffer with loneliness and sadness and poverty? Did I do something so horrible that I don't get even a fraction of what that woman takes for granted. (companionship, comfort, security, help)
I know, I sound like a pathetic, whiny fool. I don't spend my days beating my breast and sobbing. But there are times, when its dark and quiet and late, that I wonder, will I ever shine? Or will I be one of those women who look grey and faded and over used and over tired? Will I ever have love? Or will I be alone with my computer and my dog and cats all my life?
Why do some people get to have great careers, meet and marry their best friends, and live beautiful lives of luxury while others are lonely and sad and struggle?
What pathetic mist steps did I make? When will I stop paying for my sins?
6 comments:
Where do you live? I'll come over and help be a nanny. And offer friendship. I stop at cuddling though.
It's frustrating to look at other people's lives and see how ours can sometimes feel so difficult by comparison. Been there on many occasions. What I try to do (and it's tough, I'll admit it) is to avoid comparisons. I remind myself that they could have challenges and difficulties that I know nothing about - most people often do.
*hugs*
I just was having a moment. I know people struggle with "things", but sometimes it seems like i got more than my fair share of things when they were being handed out.
I live in small town kansas. Two hours from wichita, and KC. They don't do nannies here.
I hear ya.
I hate that there is such a gap between the rich and poor. There isn't a middle class anymore. Seems the rich got a whole lot richer and poor.......
Did you move? How are you liking you new digs?
Did move about two weeks ago. Love my new house, still getting used to the new town, its smaller the old one. Fewer "amenities" but I like it. Good people, good schools.
Post a Comment