Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lots

of stuff is going on around here.
1) I got my tax refund, took it to a dealership and got myself a car. Its not a big ol four wheel drive. Why? Because the fact is that those kinds of cars are expensive for not much car, and I needed something that was roomy, reliable, and safe. So I ended up with a smaller minivan called a Mazda 5. I love it. It isn't huge, but has seating for six or huge cargo, but not both, because I don't really ever need both. Its only two years old. And yes, I have a payment. But it isn't huge.

2) I was invited to share a project of mine at the new teachers meeting. With less than 24 hours notice, I was terrified. I got hives.

3) Last night I was in the emergency room. I have a sore tooth, and I think the pain from it triggered a cluster headache or a migraine. I was in tears I hurt so much. They gave me a script for pain meds and antibiotics. The pain meds took forever to work because the pain kept throbbing through. And they left me stupid this morning. I also threw up half the day. It was awful, but not quite as bad as the pain. The grogginess wore off by evening, but the pain was back, so I took another pill. And felt a bit sleepy and goofy most of the evening.

4) I used some of the income tax money to pay some depts and put the rest in a savings account. The idea is that I'm going to accumulate the next six months' payment for insurance in the car.

5) Tom's been on facebook complaining that his wedding is off and he's practically homeless. I'm guessing the two most impulsive people in the world didn't make such a great couple after all. I'd say "told you so", but I don't want him thinking he can move in here again.

6) Did I mention my new car rocks?

7) I paid all my bills today, rent+pet deposit, complete utility bill, three months worth of cable tom hadn't paid, and daycare. I love that "the bills are all paid" feeling.

8) I am divorcing my phone company. I've reduced minutes, services, and features, I've have features blocked and the over-all bill hasn't gone down. So I'm done. I'm switching to a prepaid carrier that will cost me all of 45 a month for unlimited everything. Why the hell should I be paying more?

So, that's it in a nutshell. Oh, and the fucking snow is almost completely melted. Now we need the ground to dry out a bit.

No comments: