Under normal circumstances I'd leave water dripping in the sinks tonight. But the house's water has been shut off. Why? Well, not because I didn't pay the bill. Because this evening as I was cooking dinner a small but healthy rain shower started in the kitchen. I pulled out some of the drop ceiling panels and was unable to find a single source for the mess. I shut off the lines to the sink and the toilet upstairs and still there was dripping. So I called the landlord.
He sent the city to shut down the water. I am not terribly happy to not have running water. But I like it better than water that could be from the toilet dripping into my kitchen. And the guy promised to come first thing in the morning to get it fixed up.
If I had a bottle of wine I'd crack it open. But don't keep it in the house.
So I am watching scary movies on netflix and trying to pretend that I'm not thinking about moving closer to kin and further from work or about breaking yet another lease. It seems I make moves and choices thinking that I am making things better. And it seems like things just get worse.
There is still water dripping in the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment