Ok, that's a run on sentence. Let me start again.
I was walking laps at the track. Four laps equals a mile and the paving is somehow spongier than normal paving so its supposedly better for you. But . . . I was waiting until nine to go so I could walk with Amanda from work, but she'd been blowing me off and going that late makes me hyped up when I should be settling down to sleep. And I did see a skunk up in the bleachers one night, its an enclosed track, so if the thing is in the bleachers, its probably living there and I don't like the idea of smelling like skunk.
So I experimented with changing things.
I tried getting up super early one morning and walking then. But its still dark at five in the morning and it was cold, so the motivation wasn't there and I only ended up doing a mile, but I did run about half of it.
There is a biking trail that runs through town, its part of a larger bike trail that is a reclaimed rail road track that the park service turned into a trail. I did a mile of it one evening, Noah was with me so there wasn't much pushing of myself, but it was something. Its not lit, so I have to do it in daylight hours.
Tonight I went back at about five thirty, still light out, parked at the trail head and walked a mile and a half down and back. Didn't jog or run much, but pushed myself to do a swift walk the whole time. My leg and butt muscels feel it now, so I must have accomplished some fitness. Its four miles to the next township along the tail, I think it would be cool to be able to run there and back. That would be eight miles.
Work is work, it takes a lot out of me even if it isn't particularly strenuous physically. I love my job, but I am not someone who is energized by dealing with people. It seems like being around rowdy kids, moody teachers, and harried paras all day leeches my ability to deal with other human beings. Being alone with my thoughts or with some music becomes very attractive. So trail walking sounds better and better.
Haven't heard a whole lot from my guy, don't know if I am gonna get to see him this weekend or not. Its both our "kid" weekend, so it may not happen. I didn't see him last weekend because it was the holiday weekend and I had the kids because the asshat had to go to some sort of work training,(over the holiday weekend). The weekend before that, I don't remember what happened, I think I was just kinda worn out from work and didn't feel up to road tripping or being social.
I want to see him, but I don't want to feel like I have to bug him to see him. I don't know how to explain it other that to say that I want him to want to be part of my life, but I respect him enough not to try to force him to act or feel a way he doesn't.
anyway
Other interesting things . . . Arson seems to be the new local sport. The bike trail I like has a bridge out because someone set it on fire, so if I want to hike farther that I did, I'll have to go off trail and around (not a big deal as its been very dry). Someone has also set fire to several fields. Yesterday someone set fire to a roll of toilet paper in a bathroom at school, and today there was a dumpster set on fire. I don't know if they are all related or not, but its a bit scary to walk into a school and smell nasty smoke.
No comments:
Post a Comment