Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, That was Interesting

Sir textsalot is done for. Didn't even have to meet the man in person to figure out he has issues.

Shall we start with the constant texting that is inappropriate in the amount and timing but shallow in the content? Shall we move on to the fact that he wouldn't ever actually call me? The way he wouldn't let me take him out on a date and then (most recently) canceled a date he'd set with me by ignoring it and then claiming it wasn't actually a date?

I called him out on it. And then the insults start flying, along with multiple texts and facebook emails trying to engage me in a fight? Certainly not a rational conversation.

I may be weird. Certainly my personal history sets me apart from the vast majority of people. In comparison to me, they are either bland and untested. Like bread that is under cooked. Or they are ragged, low creatures, contaminated soil.

Very few meet my standard, which is admittedly stringent. And at the same time not at all.

Its simple, I've walked through fire and come out the other side changed. I've done this a few times. I am not damaged goods unable to handle the world, but typical will never live where I do. I want someone who, not necessarily has gone through similar, but who can understand why I am the way I am without being terrified or treating me like an alien.

He couldn't even handle my basic requirements. He will not be brave. He will not be honest. He will not be accountable. That's really all I need to know about him. When confronted he denied reality and then insulted me, and then extended an olive branch. This is a pattern I've noticed before.

Deny - what you observed and remember is not true, you must be crazy to accuse innocent me of this thing.

Insult - Your demands ( in this case honesty, communication, and courage) are unreasonable, therefore you are unreasonable and will be alone and unhappy all your life.

Olive branch - now that I have unbalanced your perception of reality and made you afraid that your own ethical system will make you alone, I am asking you to pretend my bad behavior did not happen.

I am not falling for it, nor am I replying to the emails and texts. I may be alone all my life. It is possible that my childhood and development did not prepare me a normal life.

But even if I cannot have the normal life I want. Husband, happiness, companionship, love. I will not be treated as less than deserving of respect.

1 comment:

Blue Gal said...

My guess: he's living with someone or already involved. The whole never calling you thing is such a red flag. I dated a guy once years ago who gave me a phone number that turned out to be his parents. He was living with a girl and didn't want to tell me. Slimeball.